Meet your new Student Life Team!



Student Life Assistant: Marzia Riaz


Marzia Riaz, 4th Year Psychology
Hello Arts Friends!

My name is Marzia Riaz and I will be taking over as the new student life Assistant for Summer ’16. I am incredibly excited to begin working with the Student Experience Team and its partners to plan the 2016 Arts Orientation as well as other projects.

A little about me, this fall I will be entering my fourth year of the Psychology program at Ryerson (whoa senior year!) I am also an active member of the Ryerson community and have been involved in several exciting projects. Last year I chaired the Ryerson Arts Society (RAS) steering committee and led the 2015 Referendum, I later continued on with RAS as the 2015-2016 President. Along with RAS I was also involved with my course union as the Vice-President of Events and with Ryerson Central Orientation as a volunteer. Currently I am one of the three FoA directors on the Ryerson Student’s Union (RSU) and I have spent the past year volunteering with the Faculty of Arts, so I come bringing previous experience and skills to the team.

Getting involved on campus, no matter which group it was with, allowed me to grow and build my connections and skill set as a student and as a professional. There are so many opportunities and something out there for everyone. I’m a huge believer in personal growth and being a student volunteer/student leader is one of the best ways to achieve that. I strongly encourage you all to volunteer with the Faculty of Arts (shameless promo) and to seek out your opportunities!

Lastly I’ll be working out of the SET team Office this summer in POD344B, definitely come by and have a chat with me (you can come talk about the emotional roller-coaster NBA playoffs have been)!

Make Good Choices,

Marzia Riaz

ACS/SECT Student Life Advisor Assistant: Olivia Trojko

Olivia Trojko, 3rd Year ACS


Hey everyone! 

My name is Olivia Trojko and I am the new ACS/SECT Student Life Advisor Assistant at the Student Experience Centre. I am going into my third year of ACS with a major in Diversity and Equity, and a planned minor in Sociology! I am excited to be more involved in creating an amazing Orientation week and Enrollment workshop for the incoming students! At Ryerson, I have also been involved as the 2nd year representative for the ACS Program. I hope that in this role, I can get to know more fellow students and faculty! In my spare time I enjoy re-watching The Office and trying new vegan restaurants!

Some more extremely interesting facts about me:
Fav Artist/Bands: Rihanna, Fleetwood Mac
Fav Movie: 10 Things I Hate About You
Fav TV Show: Broad City
Fav Character from The Office: Dwight Schrute
Dream Job: Human Rights Lawyer
Random Fact: I was a rugby player throughout high school! (If anyone fancies a game of pick-up let’s get in touch).

Feel free to stop by my office (POD 344-B) to discuss any of these things or plan a game of pick-up rugby, or if you have any questions about the ACS program! Look forward to meeting you!
Olivia Trojko J

Comments

Popular Posts