Class of 2019 Spotlight: Meet Michael Nemett!


Hello my fellow Rams!

My name is Michael Nemett, and I’m an upcoming first year student at Ryerson! I’m very excited to begin this new chapter of my life as a post-secondary student and what better place to do so than Ryerson? I’m going to be majoring in Sociology and I plan on minoring in Human Resources Management. I’m so excited to be part of such a diverse and one-of-a-kind community and I’m looking forward to seeing each and every one of you n the fall. Don’t be afraid to say hi if you bump into me on campus.

Anyway, here’s a little bit more about me:

The Basics

Age: 19
Hometown: Toronto, Ontario
Program: Sociology
Music: I listen to pretty much everything that sounds good but some of my faves are Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Amy Winehouse, St. Vincent, Grimes and BANKS!
I love discovering new music and I’m open to all genres, so let me know if there’s anyone new I should be listening to!
Movies: Fight Club, Donnie Darko, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, Breakfast at Tiffany's and Girl, Interrupted
TV: I spend far too much time watching television (don’t we all?) and my favourite shows are Orange is the New Black, Big Brother, RuPaul's Drag Race, How to Get Away With Murder, Broad City and Skins. Guilty pleasure shows include Keeping Up with the Kardashians, Say Yes to the Dress and home renovation shows like Love it or List It
Favourite food: Any kind of pasta 
Favourite drink: Those bottled Tazo green tea drinks they sell at Starbucks
Fun fact about me: I am an identical twin! Yes, there is a much taller, more athletic and less handsome (just kidding) version of me at Guelph University


Why I Chose Ryerson

I chose Ryerson because of its location in the downtown core of Toronto, the absolutely beautiful campus, and the emphasis on student involvement and inclusivity.  The second I stepped onto the campus for a tour, my decision was made; I knew Ryerson would give me the positive experience I was looking for. 

I wanted to be in an environment that allowed me to excel and where my skills and efforts were valued, where collaboration was encouraged, and the importance of innovation was highlighted.  Ryerson covers all of these bases and then some!  Not to mention all of the wonderful student services including the seriously amazing Student Learning Centre (how many buildings have a beach themed floor?), Student Campus Centre, the Podium building and more!


I hope you are as excited to be part of the Ramily as I am and I’m looking forward to meeting you all at Orientation. Have a great summer and remember to stay gold (and blue)!

 Michael 

Comments

Popular Posts