Why You Should Choose Ryerson and the Faculty of Arts
I know it is right around that time when you're getting ready to choose which university or college to go to next fall. You may have been given a few offers of admission from different schools and so you're researching to find the best one. You might be thinking about taking a year off because you just don't know if university is for you and the pressure is getting to be too much. I've been there! Parents and guardians might even be pressuring you to make a decision and this only increases the stress. Well, I'm here to tell you why Ryerson and the Faculty of Arts is an excellent choice!
First of all, Why Ryerson?
1. Ryerson is right in the heart of downtown Toronto; a thriving metropolis with endless possibilities! When you are on campus, you are never more than a few blocks away from the Eaton's Center shopping mall, two movie theaters, two major grocery stores, a variety of gyms and fitness centers, a ton of restaurants and food courts, Toronto's entertainment district, 3 subway stations, a library, hotels, clubs, book stores, and literally anything else you could possibly wish for! At Yonge and Dundas Square, you might catch a free concert or browse through a pop up market on any given day. There is always something happening here!
2. You have access to state of the art technology and facilities! Not only are there great labs and library spaces available for you to work in, but Ryerson has also pushed the envelope with their facilities. The Mattamy Athletic Center and the new Student Learning Center are the most recent additions to this growing campus!
3. Ryerson gives you both a theoretical education and hands-on experience. Many people think of college as the hands-on, real-life education experience and University as being the more academic, theoretical and ideas based institution. I can tell you from my own experience that Ryerson is both! Ryerson teaches you the theory and then lets you apply it to community or faculty projects. It's the best of both worlds. The Faculty of Arts prides them self on this dual approach to teaching and learning as well.
4. The student services are AWESOME! From library resources and Student Learning Support to The Tri-Mentoring Program or your very own Faculty of Arts Student Experience Center, Ryerson's student services are on point! The friendly staff and student staff members are always there to help you with whatever you need and are student focused so that you are put first!
5. We are happy here! Someone once told me that when they walked through Ryerson's campus, the students looked happier than those who they had seen at other schools. Maybe this is because Ryerson has a vibrant and busy community with a huge variety of active student groups. Maybe it is because students are not always stuck in their books but are involved in the campus life as well as the greater Toronto community. Whatever the reason, students at Ryerson really do seem to enjoy their time here. If you get involved and take the opportunities provided for you, you can have a great student life at Ryerson!
Why Choose the Faculty of Arts?
1. Diversity! Ryerson's Faculty of Arts has 11 humanities and social sciences programs to choose from. We are a diverse group of people with diverse interests. Being in the Faculty of Arts you get to explore a variety of different classes and subjects such as; Arts and Contemporary Studies, Criminology, Sociology, Economics, History, Philosophy, English, Geography and Environmental Studies, Languages, Literatures and Cultures, Politics and Public Administration and Psychology.
2. We are growing! Ryerson's Faculty of Arts is one of the fastest growing faculties in Canada! We have launched over 80% of our programs just since 2005! Our student intake is growing every year as well. Imagine what we could do by 2025!
3. We are Echo Conscious. The Faculty of Arts is taking a transformative approach to sustainability and is conscious of our Echo footprint. You can check out our Echo Action Plan for more information on how we intend to make a difference.
4. The Social Venture Zone! The Faculty of Arts is home to one of the Zones across campus; The Social Venture Zone. Here you can celebrate your passion and purpose and be given the resources to make your social change dreams become a reality. With connections to community and industry networks, the Social Venture Zone allows you to not just study ideas that shape the world, but HAVE ideas that shape the world!
5. Finally, my last reason why you should choose the Faculty of Arts is that we have a passion for student advancement! As a past student myself, and now as a staff member, I can personally attest to this! The Faculty of Arts faculty and staff members give their all to helping you become the best student and person that you can be! All of those rumors that you heard in high school about University professors not caring about you or your work are a lie! We care about you, we want you to succeed and we will help you accomplish your goals!
So, choose us and We will welcome you with open arms!