Meet your new Student Life Assistant!





HELLO RAMILY!

My name is Kristin Walcott-Dass (but you can call me Kris) and I am the new Student Life Assistant for the Faculty of Arts’ Student Experience Centre.  I am so excited to be a part of the team that will be planning the 2015 Arts Orientation and Enrollment Workshops for the Class of 2019!

Currently, I am entering my fourth year at Ryerson – majoring in sociology and minoring in politics (because who doesn’t love politics?).  I am also the President of the Ryerson Sociology Students’ Union and the Social Media Generator for Suit Up for Success. Looking back, getting involved on
campus was the best decision I made coming to Ryerson.  I have met so many new people, made new friendships, got to know my professors better, and I also started to enjoy school a lot more.  Being a student leader, I have come to appreciate Ryerson and what it has to offer. If you are thinking about getting involved on campus – just DO IT! (shout out to Nike for being so inspirational).  It may be intimidating at first, but it is so worth it.


Wow that last paragraph was a little sappy, but completely true.  Totally switching subjects, here is a list of some of my favourite things – if you see anything on this list that you like, relate to, please stop by my office (POD344b), so we can have an in depth, intellectual discussion about, say, why Interstellar is one of the greatest movies of all time.

Kristin’s Favourite Things (Updated May, 2015)

Artist: Blood Orange
Song: Purple Rain by Prince
TV Show: Broad City
Movie: Across the Universe (still come stop by and talk to me about Interstellar)
Colour: Purple (*sings* Purple Rain……….)
Drink: Vanilla Coke
Quote: You rock, don’t ever change – Ethan Craft, 2001
A random fact: I wish there was a production crew documenting my experience as a Student Life Assistant, so I can make an arrange of facial expressions to the camera, similar to what Jim Halpert does on The Office.

Well, that’s all for now. I encourage you all to stop by my office, so I can meet all of your beautiful faces, and maybe discuss any ideas you may have for the Arts Orientation, perhaps?

I will talk to you all soon!


Kristin :)

Comments

Popular Posts