I And Me

Written by Angelo Robb, Psychology 2nd year.

Jumping in traffic, falling off a bridge. Swallowing knives, feels nothing like how I do now.

I now dream of nothing, I now pray for nothing.

My heart has become a black hole that sucks in those stupid enough to get close. It rips joy from you inside out, steal love from you and create a void in it you.

 I have become a soul killing machine blasting my bullets of self hate, murdering the self concept of I. Because I don’t love me anymore.

You see I and me used to be accepted, then I realized that accepted wasn’t me now I am on trail for the death of me.

Me used to be happy, caring, loving meek. But I have killed me. Myself being the judge, the lawyer and the jury, convicted I for the intent to kill 
me.



 The murder weapon hate and the result guilty.




Thank you to Angelo for submitting this original poem! What do YOU do outside of class? We're always looking to showcase our students, like Angelo, and the interesting projects you have bubbling under the surface of your school life. 

If you're interested in giving your project a wider audience, email stulife@arts.ryerson.ca with the details and you'll soon see yourself featured on the front page!

Comments

Popular Posts