A look into our futures...

I can’t believe how quickly the last two years have flown by, which means that I am already half way through my undergraduate career. However, I know that when I’m struggling to keep on top of readings, assignments and exams for five courses it often seems as if I’ll never get through it. But lately I’ve gotten a couple of glimpses at the light at the end of the tunnel that I’d like to share with you.

Congratulations graduates!
This spring that Faculty of Arts is proud to have 227 graduating students; many of whom took the stage at Tuesday’s convocation ceremony to receive their degrees, thus making the transition from Ryerson students to Ryerson alumni. The spring 2009 convocation is a special milestone for the Faculty of Arts as it marks the first time that all of our full-time undergraduate programs have had graduating students. It was exciting to watch as the students who have worked so hard for the last four years were rewarded for their perseverance and dedication. Congratulations to all of you and good luck as you take these first steps into your new lives as university graduates.

Top 30 Under 30
Ryerson’s Alumni magazine has compiled their first annual list of the University’s Top 30 Under 30 Graduates. I’m proud to say that two Faculty of Arts graduates made the cut! Of course there are many other successful Faculty of Arts graduates pursuing exciting careers, however, it’s always great to see the achievements of our alumni recognized in print. To check out the article go to: http://www.ryerson.ca/alumni/magazine

I hope these examples highlighted for you, as they did for me, how much the hard work we’re all putting in now will pay off in the end. And as always, if you know of anything relevant to Ryerson’s Faculty of Arts students that should be featured on this blog, please don’t hesitate to e-mail me: facescom@arts.ryerson.ca

Cheers,
Sarah

Comments

Popular Posts