Welcome Gint!

So I'm here to post something I'm very excited about: the first entry from one of our student blogging team members! This is Gint's introductory entry but let me tell you, this guy has lots of exciting stuff in store for you guys. Enjoy!


Hey

I'm Gint Paul Sileika (the 'g' in Gint is a hard 'g' like guppy, not like gin and tonic)

I'll be taking the reigns of the Faculty of Arts Blog for the summer. It's a project that I'm happy to be a part of, because it lets me share the good times I've had at Ryerson's Faculty of Arts, as well as my time being involved in the culture of downtown Toronto. If I can get people more involved in their school and creative communities, I will be able to sleep all the better at night.

A little about me: I'm going into by third or fourth year of ACS, depending how you look at it. I took some time off in third year to work at the bank for a semester. But the workforce gave me a craving to come back to school, and I'm glad I did. I'm a bit of a keener as school activities go. By second year I was involved in the ACS course union (ACSSU) where I did a semester stint as treasurer. I also volunteered at the VAST programme wherein you spend time at the local Regent Park elementary, and give some assistance to classroom teachers. 2007 was also the year myself and some fellow ACSers put together The Continuist, an student arts and literature zine that we run through the faculty. Email thecontinuist@arts.ryerson.ca if you want more info or to submit on all that.

I have some dreams too, like the rest of us. I would love to do my masters in English Language at UBC one day, or maybe in Rhetoric at Waterloo. Maybe be a prof. Or perhaps a novelist on the side. Teach English in Japan and France. I would love to do everything at once. But for now, I'm happy with what I've got, and where I'm at. I hope you all check out the blog, and share some of your own moments and experiences.


- gint

Comments

Popular Posts